Saturday, August 9, 2014

[News] Gyuri's Message to Kamilia

I didn't know how to start this, so I wrote and erased multiple times. I decided to talk about a few personal things. To be honest, I thought a lot, about what I should do with my emotions, how should I talk about it, when should I talk about it, how much of it should I say, or even if I should say anything at all, or if I should just hold my emotions until the showcase.

But I'm writing this because waiting until then is too hard on me. I don't know how many times I wanted to write or reply and decided not to.. I thought it was the best not to say much, but from time to time, if no one says anything, it just brings more pain. Everything that I told you at the fanmeeting was something I was able to say because there was a premise that the new member would not be an official member, but a guest member. As we said in the fanmeeting, because of conditions of the broadcast and such, we couldn't say things directly, but we were certain in our hearts. We said to trust us and that we would not disappoint you. We were sincerely confident not to disappoint, so we said that.

But a few days later, the situation changed again.. And even though I spoke with confidence, I disappointed you unintentionally. If that was the case from the beginning, I wouldn't have said that, but it looked like I was just avoiding the situation.. The best that I mentioned is now changed to some other tone and is being spread, but I think that is my fault because I didn't talk earlier about things that made your imagination spread. That's why this happened.

In any case, at the end at the point where we are bringing in a new member, I was also someone's fan, I loved them until death, I cried a lot, I hated a lot, and I loved a lot, so I know how you would feel when a new member comes in and when you see that stage. There will be those who accept it well, some who really hate it, and some who will just feel weird, and I'll just have to accept all those emotions.

I don't think I can impose on anyone. It's how people feel. But the members should at least protect each other. I'm going to work really hard on stage for this album. I think that's the only answer right now and that's the only thing I can think of. I hope everyone can stop hurting... Everyone, be healthy.

src



I think this message might really help the fans that have been struggling. I'm glad Gyuri explained some of the things that were going on and what she was struggling with. Now fans can make their own choice as to what they want to do with that.

7 comments:

  1. Even though nicole is/was my bias in kara..I'm still gonna try and support them..although I am not happy with the addition of youngji into the group at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see them finally reaching out to the the fans and explaining the situation. Even though I don't feel as if everything has been answered, if anything it seems to me a few more questions has arise. Kara has become DSP's lifeline and they're holding on to dear life. I was and will always be against this whole addition of a new member. Solely because the new member is getting a free ride to success. She hasn't gone through the hardships nor experience what the other girls went through to get to where they are now. I don't blame her for jumping at the opportunity but it's not the same. Having a random rookie join an established group is absolutely ridiculous to me. DSP will continue to pull crap like this because they know there are fans blindly supporting the group Kara rather than the individuals who helped mold and shape the group itself. Whatever the case may be this rookie girl better live up to the expectation and more. I don't need our girls lowering themselves to her rookie level just so they can blend in with each other. Honestly this comeback has got to be one of the least anticipated comeback from them for me, not only because our OT5 is no longer but the fact that DSP ruined it by adding this new member rather than letting our three girls carry on as 3. But just my opinion on the matter. A bit cruel I know, but it's how I feel in the matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like if you read my mind and effectively expressed it into words I can't even formulate because my mind is getting a bit strained whenever KARA's new lineup is mentioned nowadays. Especially at the part that stated, "DSP will continue to pull crap like this because they know there are fans blindly supporting the group Kara rather than the individuals who helped mold and shape the group itself." I accept Nicole's and Jiyoung's leave because if they truly wanted to pursue their solo career it would be nearly impossible considering the hassle and stress of being in Korea and Japan almost constantly. Jiyoung wasn't able to participate in Iris 2 and it would've been perfect for her to diversify her acting to show that she can be many things besides being cute (I watched her "Lilac" episode and I was very impressed). Also, DSP doesn't allow them much room for growth in their respective ventures. Nicole didn't get a chance to promote her song from their Solo Collection on Korean music shows. I just hope and wish that somehow there's a KARA5 reunion in the future.

      Delete
  3. I must admit I'm one of those still "struggling" to adjust to the new KARA, or like Gyuri said, those who still feel "weird". If it were still the three of them it would have been a no-brainer for me, I'll go to the end of earth for them. Now with Youngji I find myself going "hmm...". I don't hate her, I won't go out of my way to shun her, but I don't know how to deal with her. She's a total stranger in a group that I love, and with her in the group the feeling is...different. Not her fault but, hand on heart I can't say I can treat her like the other KARA members, for similar reasons cited by someone above. I still miss Cole and Jing, I don't know how long it'll take for me to get over their departure. If that makes me less of a Kamilia then so be it. Kudos to those who so readily accept her, I understand very well their cold logic and respect them, but it doesn't work emotionally for me. Just like I understand very well why some cannot bring themselves to support Youngji, I won't criticise them either. Maybe one day Youngji would become like what Nicole and Jiyoung are to me, I don't know. But what I cannot accept are fellow fans who mocked, scorned at and basically shout down alternative views. God forbid anyone expressing even a shred of reservation, if you're not with them you're against them. There's no middle road. This new Youngji bandwagon is a mob. Who said Kamilias are generally mature, calm and nice people? This crisis has been an eye opener. There is one certain Kamilia site I'm never returning to. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you. This whole ideology of what a "true" or "real" Kamilia is suppose to be has become such a nuisance to me that I cannot bare to visit certain Kara sites anymore either. I can't express my personal views on the situation and not expect get attack for expressing my opinions. I get it, the situation is done, decisions has been made and there's no turning back, but it doesn't mean that I'm suppose to keep my mouth shut and pretend that everything is smooth sailing when it's clearly not. It's definitely frustrating. And you can say I'm just being "butt-hurt" because my bias is gone but I'm looking at this situation from a more subjective view. At this point in Kara's career it's too awkward to be bringing in a new member, and a rookie at that. I have nothing against YoungJi but she needs to experience what it's like to struggle and fight for her place at the top, that is the only way to build character and make you an idol worth supporting. Not getting this free ride. I actually anticipating the end of the two years to see what will happen next. I hope DSP doesn't think that making YoungJi an "official" member will persuade the girls to stay on with them longer. It's just so frustrating. But I think I'm also frustrated at the fact that there still isn't news on Nicole's debut, maybe that's why I'm so hard up this whole situation. I guess I just want to know where Nicole stands on all of this now. I actually want Kara's comeback to end soon so then we can finally get something from Nicole regarding her debut... hahaha... Joking aside, at the end of the day I've been with Kara since the start, so no matter what I will still support GyuRi, SeungYeon, Hara, and JiYoung no matter what. They've built Kara to the name that it is today. I will support who I want to support.

      Delete
  4. "there are fans blindly supporting the group Kara rather than the individuals who helped mold and shape the group itself" couldn't agree more! And then when some fans were still appalling or repulsive with nicole and Jiyoung departure being substituted with young ji they said we're not true Kamilia. Duhhh funny how they think There're so quilified to be the true kamilia abd wd don't. I only root for Kara5 or now kara3 cause for me they are KARA. Who cares if Jiyoung and Hara was added latter? Cause they were there when Kara was struggling to where they are now. Totally different case with youngji. so there's only OT5 for me or NICOLE KARA3 & JIYOUNG
    Anyhow that's so sweet of Gyuri. I feel bad she had to felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yeah I feel bad that I still can't accept the now Kara. Thanks dsp!

    ReplyDelete